A properly installed and maintained garbage disposal can save time and money by preventing costly drain clogs. Give Plumb Shield Plumbing a call for any issues with your garbage disposals in Benbrook, Texas.
There are many different types of garbage disposals on the market, and each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Here is a quick overview of some of the most popular models:
1. Continuous Feed Disposals: These models are the most popular type of garbage disposal, as they are very easy to use. Simply keep the unit turned on and add your food waste to the disposal chamber as needed. The biggest advantage of these units is that they can handle large amounts of food waste without jamming.
2. Batch Feed Disposals: These disposals require you to load them up with food waste all at once, after which you turn them on and let them grind away until they are empty. This can be a bit more cumbersome than continuous feed models, but batch feed disposals tend to be more powerful and less likely to jam.
3. Septic-Safe Disposals: If you have a septic tank, you must be careful about what garbage disposal you use, as some models can damage or clog septic systems. Septic-safe disposals are designed specifically for use with septic tanks and should not cause any damage or problems.
If you have a kitchen sink in your home, chances are you also have a garbage disposal. Garbage disposals make it easy to get rid of food waste, and they can help keep your kitchen clean. But if you’ve never installed garbage disposal before, the process can seem a bit daunting.
Luckily, we’re here to help.
So whether you’re replacing an old garbage disposal or installing one for the first time, give Plumb Shield Plumbing a call.
If your garbage disposal is leaking, making strange noises, or just isn’t working the way it used to, it may be time to repair or replace it. Here are some tips on how to repair garbage disposal:
1. Check the power. Make sure the unit is plugged in and that the switch is turned on.
2. Check the plumbing. If the unit is hardwired, ensure the circuit breaker is not tripped. If it’s plumbed with a dishwasher connection, check that the hose is not kinked or blocked.
3. Check for objects in the disposer. Objects can become lodged in the blades and cause the unit to jam. Use a flashlight to look for objects, and if you see something, use tongs or pliers to remove it.
4. Check for leaks. Leaks can occur at any number of points in the disposal unit, including at the sink flange, at connections to the dishwasher or other plumbing lines, and at the unit’s base. Use a flashlight to inspect for leaks, and if you see any, call our plumbers immediately, as leaks can lead to serious water damage.
If you’ve ever had to clean up a kitchen sink full of stinky food scraps, you know how important garbage disposal can be. Not only do they make cleanup easier, but they also help keep your kitchen clean. Garbage disposals are also great for preventing clogged drains.
There are many different models of garbage disposals on the market, so it’s important to do your research before purchasing one. You’ll want to consider price, horsepower, warranty, and features.
Once you’ve purchased your garbage disposal, installation is relatively easy. However, it’s always best to call a professional for help. Repairing garbage disposal can be tricky, and it’s best to leave it to the experts.
If you live in Benbrook, Texas and are in need of garbage disposal installation or repair, please contact us today. We’re always happy to help!
If you’re in Benbrook, Texas and need help with your garbage disposal give us a call. We’re experts in both installation and repair of garbage disposals, and we’re always happy to help our customers get the most out of their disposals.